ROBERT E. LEE ELEMENTARY
This handbook is a valuable source of information for your family. Please take time to read and discuss it with your child. The student planner is designed to assist students with their study skills. It allows them to record and organize daily and long-term assignments. We hope that it will be a useful reference for you throughout the year.
At Robert E. Lee Elementary, we welcome and value parent participation and support. Please let us know how we can assist your family as we work together to “Reach for Success” each day.
ROBERT E. LEE SONG
Here we stand at Robert E. Lee
Proud, tall and true
Cheering on like Mighty Leo
For the great gold and blue
Rising to the challenge as we’re
Part of a team
Our best is our goal
Onward, upward forward we move
Success in all we do
“Reaching for Success”
Robert E Lee Elementary
The mission of Robert E. Lee Elementary is to provide a safe, caring and positive environment with diverse academic experiences that will enable students to achieve their full potential.
“Too Sick For School”
TCS strives to provide the healthiest environment for our students and staff. Please assist us in this goal by following these too-sick-for-school guidelines when deciding on whether you should send your child to school.
Do not send your child to school:
- If your child has had any vomiting or diarrhea in the past 24 hours.
- If your child has had a fever within 24 hours. They may return to school when fever free without any pain/fever-reducing medication for 24 hours.
- With pink eye until they have received treatment for 24 hours and have no eye drainage.
- With strep throat until they have taken their antibiotic for 24 hours.
- Students may not return to school earlier than the date listed on the doctor’s note. The student's return date must also comply with the “Too Sick for School” Guidelines
- If students test positive for Covid, they may return to school once symptom-free for 24 hours.
- Please make sure to keep the school updated with current phone contact information.
- Parents will be notified to pick up their child who arrives at school too sick for school or who becomes ill while at school.
- Parents/guardians have 5 “Parent Notes” excuses for the school year.
Remember, frequent hand washing with soap and water or using hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of germs.
- Accident and Emergency Information
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy
- Cancellation of School
- Cafeteria Guidelines
- Cell Phone/Electronic Devices
- Discipline and TCS Code of Conduct
- Dress Code
- Early Release From School
- Health and Medication
- Instructional Supplies
- Lost and Found
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Playground Rules
- Pre-Entrance Testing
- PreSchool/Child-Find Program
- Positive Lion and Behavior Policy
- Pupil Services
- Report Cards
- Safety Drills
- School Messenger Call System
- School Picture Day
- School Visitation
- Staff Qualifications
- Student Media Access Opt-Out/Student Privacy Information
- Students Entering Kindergarten
- Weekly Report